Author Topic: LET'S GO RAYS!  (Read 1442 times)

Offline TimothyC

• Level 8: Psi Corps
Re: LET'S GO RAYS!
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2020, 12:02:22 PM »
I'm with you Weeze...The Rays had an incredible season no matter how you look at it.  They weren't even really supposed to be competitive this year based on payroll, but yet they had the best win/loss record overall.  Sure most people were scratching their head with the pitching change (myself included :P), BUT Cash's strict 'analytics' approach is what got them to the WS in the first place so it was only natural to see it through.  Yes it blew up in their face, but that approach is what got them there so it made sense. 

Analytics have slowly been taking over sports in general.  From the shifts and pitching changes in baseball, more 2 point conversions in the NFL, and even dudes like Bryson Dechambeau who plays golf in a totally different way than everyone else based on analytics.    For better or for worse, analytics are here to stay. 

Offline tufnel1530

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2020, 12:11:46 PM »
It just seemed like one of those series where they were going to have to get pretty lucky to win.

They kept winning via home runs or wacky stuff like in game 4

They were always coming from behind so it was just a matter of time.

Maybe now once they are back up and stadium is open people will actually go to games.. Ive been to rays games with 500 people there.  :P

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2020, 03:15:17 PM »
LA dodger justin turner, had covid. and he knew it. and he went out and celebrated with the team, mask free, when they won.

so there is a higher power. the LA health department wants to quarantine all of them for 2 weeks.

WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2020, 03:19:52 PM »
LA dodger justin turner, had covid. and he knew it. and he went out and celebrated with the team, mask free, when they won.

so there is a higher power. the LA health department wants to quarantine all of them for 2 weeks.

I hate that ginger son of a bitch

Offline WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • It's showtime!
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2020, 11:37:48 PM »
I hate that ginger son of a bitch

Soulless bastard