Author Topic: RGH Xbox slim repair  (Read 742 times)

Offline littlewest

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • I feel old...
RGH Xbox slim repair
« on: March 11, 2021, 01:21:06 PM »
I'm an idiot and I screwed up my Xbox... after I just got all the games too...

My Xbox was starting to overheat, and not from Dust issues, so I decided to repaste it. When I removed the X-clip it barely touched the Chip, which I can't identify other than Xecuter, it popped right off the board. I have tried and tried to get some solder to stick to the board, but cannot. I used flux and all, but the solder pops right back onto the Iron. I'm at my wit's end, and would rather not buy a new RGH xbox.

Is anyone able to fix this?

P.s. I still have a few titles to add, but I got the large 1fincher download of 360 ISOs and converted them all to GOD format, and they live on my NAS. I've added any of the notably missing titles, but haven't checked my list against up to 1114 titles currently. If anyone would want a copy of them I can happily copy the files to a large external, and send them your way!
☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
 └┐▒▒▒▒┌┘

Offline littlewest

• I feel old...
Re: RGH Xbox slim repair
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 10:12:31 PM »
I found a guy's website that looked reputable, and then found his Facebook page which was even more reputable. even uploads videos of the repairs he does. It was about $80 to get it repaired and $20 for shipping. He said he is going to undo whatever chip is in it, and RGH it with the chips he always uses. The guy is out of Alabama, and responded to my Facebook messages.

I'll update the thread later with how it goes.
☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
 └┐▒▒▒▒┌┘

Offline littlewest

• I feel old...
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 11:55:07 AM »
FWIW, this is the website for the guy I used. https://customxboxes.com/?v=7516fd43adaa

Super friendly guy, and he facebook posts a ton of consoles. About 5 a day from what I have seen. HE is super responsive to Facebook messages too.
I asked him how long it is usually before I would see the repair, and he said it is usually 14 to 16 days from the time he receives it, which was about 3 days ago.
I will update this post with the results and such, just figured I would add to it.
☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
 └┐▒▒▒▒┌┘

Offline littlewest

• I feel old...
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2021, 12:52:36 PM »
He fixed it!

I tried to link the video he posted on here, but it's on my facebook. He said I was lucky as shit. He had to fix some cold solder points on one of the boards and completely replace one of the other boards. If you want to see the video it's on my facebook. and I put it on my youtube channel too!

He's a character! He has been in really good contact for everything. and goes out of his way to do good work. I 100% recommend his work.
☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
 └┐▒▒▒▒┌┘

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
  • Level 9: Grid Champion
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2021, 04:05:55 PM »
Glad he was able to fix it. The X360/PS3 were one of my favorite generation of consoles, I liked the backwards compatibility on both - lots of options, and they introduced most of what I think of as modern/current features on consoles.

Doesn't seem like a whole lot new has been introduced since those eras. XBOX is still doing pretty well with the backwards compatibility, graphics have gotten better...

I guess the PSVR, but not much new on the XBOX side.