Author Topic: my post reply to Johns Arcade.  (Read 504 times)

Offline DanielR

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
my post reply to Johns Arcade.
« on: June 10, 2021, 11:42:54 AM »
4 years ago i released some information on Pole Position and the only person who took the time to talk positive about it was John Arcade making a video about my video. My girlfriend brought up the topic so i decided to put together this video replying to him. Hopefully this should clear everything related to this up, I'm not sharing anymore information.

Offline IlikeGame

• Level 5: Power User!
Re: my post reply to Johns Arcade.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 02:42:03 PM »
John's Arcade is who I felt encouraged me to buy a broken video game and feel confident in repairing it. I even used his video to fill wood holes. I had zero experience with wood working or repairing video games what so ever. He really hasn't been posting much anymore.

Offline DanielR

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 03:52:14 PM »
John is a great guy, love to see him make videos again. If he was around i'll share more information :)

Offline HammysHangout ( Hammy )

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 03:57:27 PM »
you will always have haters, you just have to move on, you should of not removed your videos, if you were the first to publicly document something, then you were the first.  regardless if it was known before.

so , it is clear that there is some kind of software bug that doesn't reset memory correctly when starting the game from different parts of the attract screen, that may or may no only affect the qualifying rounds, however, maybe this was a feature of how to make the qualifier round to look random? --- if it was always the same, people could remember it.. if it appears random, they probably wont take the time to remember.

https://www.coinopflorida.com | http://www.youtube.com/@hammysHangout | https://twitch.tv/HammysHangout

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact."-eeguru

pins:  R&M, AMH, RCT, DW, DE:ST
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, Reactor, Sega Uni, Linked OR2SP, APB, Crystal Castle, Cloak and Dagger, MSPAC, Space Duel, Gravitar, Tempest, Omega Race, Tutankham, Warlords [custom], Tron

Offline DanielR

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 07:56:48 PM »
you will always have haters, you just have to move on, you should of not removed your videos, if you were the first to publicly document something, then you were the first.  regardless if it was known before.

so , it is clear that there is some kind of software bug that doesn't reset memory correctly when starting the game from different parts of the attract screen, that may or may no only affect the qualifying rounds, however, maybe this was a feature of how to make the qualifier round to look random? --- if it was always the same, people could remember it.. if it appears random, they probably wont take the time to remember.

I wish everyone that messaged had positive information like this. It would encourage me to release more about it.

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2021, 12:06:48 AM »
i met daniel at SPF 2011ish. this dude....knows his arcade crap.

if you find anything, post it and don't look back. there's a lot of hate in the classic arcade world, and it's mostly done from behind a keyboard and a VPN. :P
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.