Author Topic: Area 51 R1 interest ($250?)  (Read 326 times)

Offline mikebyson

• Level 1: Arrival
Area 51 R1 interest ($250?)
« on: October 28, 2021, 12:30:23 PM »
Any interest in an area 51 R1 old school Alienware Desktop?

I don't know if you would call this vintage yet but I know they are becoming collectable.  I have  an x-51 R1 that was given to me
a little stripped down and in OK shape. It has some scratches and bruises.

At this point it is only missing the sound card and Wi-Fi/Bluetooth (I believe?).  It is currently running
windows 10 with command center Installed. Working vents and lights. Semi-stable sometimes hangs at boot but if you unplug it and plug it back in after a minute it boots again.
GPU R-9 270x, 12gb tri-channel memory, 500gb hdd.  I know people like to gut these and put custom rigs in them otherwise I am not sure of the draw as it's a 2010 computer. 

I put the memory and GPU in and had to re-wire (basically re-connect) a few wires to get it running again.  Because of it's niche collectability I think I would be looking for around $250.   This could be high but I have seen them listed on Facebook and E-bay for 1k to 350 in better and worse condition missing key parts.  I have pictures but struggling to post them!  {Your attachment has failed security checks and cannot be uploaded. Please consult the forum administrator.}

If there is any interest DM your # and I can text more Pics. 

« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 12:39:00 PM by mikebyson »

Offline mikebyson

• Level 1: Arrival
Area 51 R1 interest (reduced to 50?)
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2021, 02:22:32 PM »
$50.  No gpu, no ram, no bluray, no hdd, parts only.

200 people so bored they were looking at things they weren't interested in?

Could not for the life of me figure out how to edit original post. :-[