Author Topic: The Orville: New Horizons  (Read 448 times)

Offline CUJO

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
The Orville: New Horizons
« on: July 31, 2022, 02:04:09 PM »
Anybody watching Season 3?
What are your thoughts so far?

Domino, the last episode was pretty wild and had a lot of special effects..AKA Star Wars..kinda  reminded me of the Death Star battle..

Dolly Parton on The Orville? How strange but it was actually a great cameo!
Current Pins: ST:PRO,MET:PRO, SOUTH PARK, WOZECLE#947, BOP, FGY, TSPP, ST:TNG, KINGS OF STEEL, FRANKENSTEIN, DM, PHARAOH, LOST IN SPACE, STINGRAY, WCS94, METEOR, SPACE JAM, AMIGO, POPEYE, ALIEN POKER, CAVEMAN, HOUDINI, DILE#0829, MBrLE#0566, IM PRO, RUSH PRO, CCRLE#327
Video:  Vertical/ w/BABYSTAR 465 in 1 BOARD
Past Pins: Shaq Attaq, X-Files, Space Station #1, WhoDunnit?, Space Mission, Bally Lost World, Space Station #2, MotorDome

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
Re: The Orville: New Horizons
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2022, 07:27:03 PM »
Orville continues to be the best Star Trek show on Television.

Seems like the production values really ramped up this season and its more serious although they still keep the tone light enough to never feel too dark like current Star Trek.

Last few episodes were really roller coasters and they've definitely raised the emotional stakes. Overall I've enjoyed it quite a bit.. hopefully it'll get another season.

Offline HammysHangout ( Hammy )

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2022, 07:43:09 PM »
there was a couple shitty episodes, but season ended well, looking forward to Season 4. Along with Star Trek Lower Decks..
https://www.coinopflorida.com | http://www.youtube.com/@hammysHangout | https://twitch.tv/HammysHangout

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact."-eeguru

pins:  R&M, AMH, RCT, DW, DE:ST
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, Reactor, Sega Uni, Linked OR2SP, APB, Crystal Castle, Cloak and Dagger, MSPAC, Space Duel, Gravitar, Tempest, Omega Race, Tutankham, Warlords [custom], Tron

Offline leewoo

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2022, 11:16:04 AM »
I'm currently watching the latest episode.  This season is definitely a lot more serious than the previous seasons but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.  It's a good transition to just a well-done Star Trek show.

Offline ratsflif

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • All your base
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2022, 04:22:16 PM »
We've been enjoy it.  A few of the episodes have been a bit hit or miss and some drag on a bit too long since they are no longer constrained by the broadcast television time table.

Offline PinFever

• Level 9: Grid Champion
    • Pc Gamers Battle company ( OUTLAW )
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2022, 06:12:03 PM »
i am actually liking all the recent Star Treks. :-\
 Orville Not at all  ;D . Glad so many things are in production even if not all the content merits being made,Different strokes for different Folks

Orville continues to be the best Star Trek show on Television.

Seems like the production values really ramped up this season and its more serious although they still keep the tone light enough to never feel too dark like current Star Trek.

Last few episodes were really roller coasters and they've definitely raised the emotional stakes. Overall I've enjoyed it quite a bit.. hopefully it'll get another season.

Offline RussG

• Level 9: Grid Champion
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2022, 10:49:26 PM »
I like Strange New Worlds a lot.  Haven't watched Orville, and not a fan of Discovery.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2022, 03:22:26 PM »
i am actually liking all the recent Star Treks. :-\
 Orville Not at all  ;D . Glad so many things are in production even if not all the content merits being made,Different strokes for different Folks

I'm pretty sure we have vastly different tastes in tv and movies :)