Author Topic: Here we go again.. 2022 Edition  (Read 1959 times)

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
Here we go again.. 2022 Edition
« on: September 23, 2022, 07:47:57 AM »

What worries me is this is that same track that previous Hurricanes that became a problem were in.

Still to early to tell.. it might veer off and hit Hurricane favs like New Orleans or Texas. Just might want to top off your gas and water before it gets closer and people lose their damn minds.

Offline ibis

• Show Organizer
Re: Here we go again.. 2022 Edition
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2022, 08:43:01 AM »
For someone that lived in Miami(Kendall) and went through Andrew, nothing scares me unless its a CAT4 or higher and the NE wall is barreling straight at me.

Offline BigMatt

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • There is no spoon
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2022, 02:51:54 PM »
I'm about to go to Publix and get stocked on beer. I'm pretty sure shelves will be empty for the other essentials, I saw some lines already at gas stations on the way home today, it begins!
Golden screwdriver recipient.

Offline k7

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2022, 12:56:33 PM »
hour wait at BJs gas...to save 4 cents.

on the east coast.

suckers. gas buddy for the win.

miami dade is in a state of emergency...because? it's miami.

WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
  • Level 9: Grid Champion
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2022, 05:36:20 PM »
It's tracking more towards New Orleans now, though the chart predictions probably won't be worth much until Tuesday/Wednesday.

Offline leewoo

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2022, 07:12:02 PM »
Just got back from Sam's for just regular groceries and I can confirm that it has indeed begun.  Gas lines.  No bread.  Water aisle packed with people.

Offline Weeze

• "Stay away from the French and sick people"
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2022, 08:26:27 PM »
 I am good. Stopped in Walmart a couple days ago and bought bread and a brand new large Skippy "Super Crunchy" peanut butter so I think Im in pretty good shape.
Current Pins and Stuff: Hurdy Gurdy, Flipper Pool, Mini Pool, Kings & Queens, North Star, Ice Revue, King of Diamonds,  Flipper Clown, Bow & Arrow, Old Chicago, and the one and only, past owners include Wayne Newton, Pia Zadora and half the Village ,the totally awesome and historic, "CANDY APPLE" RED Astro..    
  Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.
Past Pins: way too many to list. plus a couple of vids, and  assorted other stuff.
  For Trade: Hawknole's Dog

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2022, 05:58:06 PM »
It's tracking more towards New Orleans now, though the chart predictions probably won't be worth much until Tuesday/Wednesday.

Now it's back more towards the East & Tampa. Just have to wait until Wednesday I guess. Wish it was accurate to know where it was going to hit in 3+ days, I've got no interest in joining an endless traffic jam of people trying to leave.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2022, 07:24:34 AM »
Meteorology is one step above a witch doctor throwing bones. I guess its better than what my mom and grandparents dealt with in Miami in the dark ages.. They relied on ships coming to port to warn everyone a hurricane was coming.

But seriously they wont know where this will hit until it hits. Remember Irma or whatever.. They had that hitting Tampa directly like 2 hours before it hit down south. Nobody really knows.

My sister in law already fled for Savannah but thats dumb as shell probably be stuck there for a week regardless of where it hits.

Offline leewoo

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2022, 08:18:57 AM »
I am good. Stopped in Walmart a couple days ago and bought bread and a brand new large Skippy "Super Crunchy" peanut butter so I think Im in pretty good shape.

You'll be set for awhile.  People coming to you asking for a scoop :)

Offline HammysHangout ( Hammy )

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2022, 10:01:23 AM »
Costco, Walmart, Target in Brandon, No Water or Bread...

Home Depot as usual.. Tons of Water LOL.

Like "we need water for 4 weeks" no, you just need water for 6 days.. and B**** please, you don't drink water now, let alone be needing those 6 cases .

flavored water & Gatorade was a plenty..
https://www.coinopflorida.com | http://www.youtube.com/@hammysHangout | https://twitch.tv/HammysHangout

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact."-eeguru

pins:  R&M, AMH, RCT, DW, DE:ST
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, Reactor, Sega Uni, Linked OR2SP, APB, Crystal Castle, Cloak and Dagger, MSPAC, Space Duel, Gravitar, Tempest, Omega Race, Tutankham, Warlords [custom], Tron

Offline HammysHangout ( Hammy )

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2022, 10:02:01 AM »
I was laughing at the people stocking up on Meat? Like Tons of Meat.. and TP.
https://www.coinopflorida.com | http://www.youtube.com/@hammysHangout | https://twitch.tv/HammysHangout

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact."-eeguru

pins:  R&M, AMH, RCT, DW, DE:ST
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, Reactor, Sega Uni, Linked OR2SP, APB, Crystal Castle, Cloak and Dagger, MSPAC, Space Duel, Gravitar, Tempest, Omega Race, Tutankham, Warlords [custom], Tron

Offline BigMatt

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • There is no spoon
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2022, 01:28:30 PM »
Might be putting shutters up tomorrow, ya never know when these aren't going Todo what they say.....
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 01:40:22 PM by Wisefwumyogwave »
Golden screwdriver recipient.

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2022, 05:29:40 PM »
Meteorology is one step above a witch doctor throwing bones. I guess its better than what my mom and grandparents dealt with in Miami in the dark ages.. They relied on ships coming to port to warn everyone a hurricane was coming.

But seriously they wont know where this will hit until it hits. Remember Irma or whatever.. They had that hitting Tampa directly like 2 hours before it hit down south. Nobody really knows.

My sister in law already fled for Savannah but thats dumb as shell probably be stuck there for a week regardless of where it hits.

Yeah, unless the track changes drastically again, I guess I'm evacuating.

Got to move my elderly parents, and that's like herding cats. Maybe I'll drop them off at my Sister's place in North Carolina and run...

The main problem is Tampa. South Tampa floods with every single normal thunderstorm. A direct hit, where it pushes all the water in the bay up, and even worse if it happens near high-tide... well Tampa is fucked. The city is not ready for it. Miami knows it's a possibility, Tampa likes to pretend that their natural protection is bulletproof.

Hopefully it's all wrong and it actually hits a less-populated area, but it doesn't look good at the moment.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 05:34:01 PM by Niloc »

Offline Mamushka

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2022, 06:05:32 PM »
My work is in zone A so mandatory evacuation today :P Was crazy, we were planning on figuring out what we need to do to prepare the ~100k ft^2 industrial shop for the storm and then we were going to square everything away tomorrow. Then at roughly noon we were told we need to button up the shop and get out. Talked to a guy who has worked there for 35+ years and he has never seen a mandatory evacuation. Glad the house is not in a flood zone.
Pins: TAF, FG (not the Ah-Haaa one), SM, FH, LOTR. NGG
Past Pins: SM, IJ, STTNG x2, WH2O x3, CFTBL, NGG, ES, MB, TFTC, LW3, TZ, SS, BG, LOTR, Monopoly couple of EM's
Other (AKA Vids): Cocktail MAME