Author Topic: State farm hurricane IAN info  (Read 528 times)

Offline Wisefwumyogwave

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • There is no spoon
State farm hurricane IAN info
« on: October 14, 2022, 04:18:15 PM »
If you have state farm and have made a claim because of IAN on your vehicle, make sure mileage is in their system correctly after they do the value on your car... It is my belief I caught them trying to pull a fast one on me. They had mileage down at 350,000 instead of 35,000 to reduce the value of my car.... They also did this to my sister, it's an "honest mistake" they can explain away. These claims were done over the phone due to the internet issues here so it's not like we had paper work to look at or anything.

Just throwing it out there to be careful, insurance companies are obviously trying to stop the bleeding right now, please post here if you have the same issues, if there is a pattern I'm going to report it to the state attorney's office.

Thanks -big matt.
Stern insider: BigMatt
its 100%? lol

Offline Centaur Brother

Re: State farm hurricane IAN info
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2022, 05:01:44 PM »
I'm not surprised. I don't trust State Farm for reasons I won't get into. Hell I don't trust insurance companies in general.
Good luck and great catch.
The Pin Cave

"Keep On Flippin"

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2022, 05:07:36 PM »
we dumped state farm for liberty.

my cars actually DO have 350,000+ miles. why the F do i even have to insure them? :P
WTB:  Goin' Nuts (10)              Bigfoot (2)
                Cabin Fever (1)          Nosferatu (10)
                      Richie Rich (1)        Wrath of Olympus (6)

...and basically anything 50% off eBay/painside value

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
  • Level 9: Grid Champion
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2022, 06:18:57 PM »
If you have state farm and have made a claim because of IAN on your vehicle, make sure mileage is in their system correctly after they do the value on your car... It is my belief I caught them trying to pull a fast one on me. They had mileage down at 350,000 instead of 35,000 to reduce the value of my car.... They also did this to my sister, it's an "honest mistake" they can explain away. These claims were done over the phone due to the internet issues here so it's not like we had paper work to look at or anything.

Just throwing it out there to be careful, insurance companies are obviously trying to stop the bleeding right now, please post here if you have the same issues, if there is a pattern I'm going to report it to the state attorney's office.

Thanks -big matt.

Kia dealer pulled similar shit with me recently. "Oh it's not under warranty (lots of mumbling)... 111,000 miles..." - yeah, check it again with me watching this time = 11,000 miles."

Offline Weeze

• Level 10: Timelord
  • "Stay away from the French and sick people"
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2022, 09:53:27 PM »
 Ive said for a long time that the Banking Industry IS the Siamese Twin of the Insurance Industry which has incestuous relations with the Medical Industry.
But absolutely, the Insurance Industry is now, after this disaster absolutely Satan's spawn.
Current Pins and Stuff: Eight Ball Deluxe, Hurdy Gurdy, Flipper Pool, Batter Up, Mini Pool, Kings & Queens, North Star, Ice Revue, King of Diamonds,  Flipper Clown, Bow & Arrow, Old Chicago, and the one and only, past owners include Wayne Newton, Pia Zadora and half the Village ,the totally awesome and historic, "CANDY APPLE" RED Astro..    
 Bally 873 slot machine
 Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.
Past Pins: way too many to list. plus a couple of vids, and  assorted other stuff.
  For Trade:AK47 and Hawknole's Dog

Offline Richie107

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2022, 07:02:38 PM »
....Like a good neighbor, we'll let our dog shit on ur lawn then tell you to pick it up... 

Long gone are the days where people actually are passionate about the wellbeing of others and taking care of others like family..

If we get any more natural disasters like this there won't be many insurance companies left and the ones who are left will have you donate your organs and your first spawned to them for giving you the privilege to have insurance ..

Ok I'm done ranting and babbling..

Offline RussG

• Level 9: Grid Champion
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2022, 07:14:31 PM »
No, your ranting is actually spot on.

Offline Wisefwumyogwave

• There is no spoon
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2022, 03:01:58 PM »
My car arrived to the body shop in a non-operatable state from the salvage yard where it was "mistakenly" towed to initially about 3 weeks ago.

Now with the correct mileage it wasn't totaled at 2K adjuster estimate but the body shop is an in network repair place for State farm and they're estimating $4,300 so they still want to total my car LOL WTF.
Stern insider: BigMatt
its 100%? lol