Author Topic: CLERKS 3 TRAILER  (Read 590 times)

Offline ratsflif

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • All your base
Re: CLERKS 3 TRAILER
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2022, 11:49:21 AM »
I made it 5 minutes into Clerks III, absolutely awful.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2022, 08:56:37 PM »
Clerks III finally hit streaming..

The big question was if this was going to be a return to form or more unfunny emo shit from the post heart attack era smith? Hoo boy is this ever the latter.

Out of the gate it really isn't funny. There's a few amusing things but most of the jokes are just retreads, this becomes especially apparent when the movie shifts into them 'making a movie' (ie the fictional Clerks cast making Clerks). In many cases they got the original actors to come back and do their schtick again but is it all that funny a 2nd time but with everyone now pushing 50 instead? Not really? They try to do some stuff with Elias from Clerks 2 being a Satanist but after a few scenes that kinda gets old and it never really goes anywhere funnier than that. If you were hoping for more interactions between Randall and Elias nothing funny really ever happens.

Jay and Silent bob never really gel here. Jason Mewes tries but he doesn't have anything to work with and good lord can they not tone down his dentures? Silent Bob just basically becomes Kevin Smith when he becomes the DP on the in-film 'Clerks' .. speeches and all which is super cringe.

The worst part is just how fucking depressing this movie is. I guess they only had access to Rosario Dawson for like a day or two so the movie starts with her having died shortly after the events of Clerks 2. Dante is now a sad depressed middle aged man constantly crying about how his life ended when she died. It's not really the character arc I think anyone wanted for a Clerks film but at least there was an opportunity to maybe make a statement about overcoming grief and going on with life.. which is sorta tries but well there's a twist at the end which is pretty fucking stupid that doesn't really resolve that in a satisfying way.

I dunno this is one of those sequels that really didn't need to be made. Clerks 2 was a treatise on growing old and gaining responsibility but it was also funny and a good time. This movie has characters you like but the jokes aren't really there.. or if they are they are rehashes. Mostly though to quote the original.. it's just such a downer.. just like life. But who watches a dick joke comedy to be reminded about how depressing real life is?

Hopefully this is the end of these sorts of movies, I think this universe died when Kevin Smith had that heart attack.. now whatever took his place is just fucking the dead corpse.. for $59.95 a ticket which includes a Q&A.

Offline WannaTheater

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2022, 01:59:05 PM »
******** SPOILER ALERT *************

Watched this last night.  Fell asleep during the middle.  Woke up and watched what I missed.  Wish I stayed asleep.

.... but I did like when Silent Bob breaks out into his speech about directing.  Sort of had that Alice Cooper feel when gave the history lesson on Wayne's World.
Pins: Iron Maiden, The Addams Family, Simpsons Pinball Party, Fish Tales, Goldeneye, Terminator 2, No Fear
Arcade: Galaga (MAME), Ice Cold Beer, Defender (JROK-multi), Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Jr