Author Topic: Hello from big matt, how'd you like the homebrews?  (Read 636 times)

Offline BigMatt

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • There is no spoon
Hello from big matt, how'd you like the homebrews?
« on: November 23, 2022, 08:16:40 PM »
FReEplaY was a blast this year for me. Thanks to all who enjoyed my homebrews, it was fun bringing them. No issues with the games other than stuck balls that will be addressed. DBZ looked like it was the favorite and is mine too, that's the one I will focus on the art first this year. YES THERE IS A PLAN.

E.T..... it has so much going on it's like the twilight zone of EM's(YEP just said that) I threw everything I could at it except for 3 more players :) this one and it's playcount compared to DBZ will inspire me to really set up Pokemon as an inbetweener of complication.

i was under the impression I'd have some sort of booth area, which I didnt so it stifled my shirt sales. I've taken a bath on the shirts thus far and am reducing them to 20 bucks shipped if you want one. I'm donating all money to the golisano's children's wing for personal reasons is near and dear to my heart. If you saw it hanging there I want to remind you they are silk screened and won't fade in washes.

So if you'd like a shirt please shoot me a text at 2398237933

Feel free to leave criticism of the layouts/rules, and games in general if it's something addressable (other than stuck ballz) I can work on it.

Thanks dudes. -big matt.

Golden screwdriver recipient.

Offline pinballcorpse

• Level 10: Timelord
  • Join the Dark Side: Play Tournament Pinball
Re: Hello from big matt, how'd you like the homebrews?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2022, 07:39:16 AM »
I just think it is super impressive that you made not just one, but TWO.  That is some serious talent.  Thank you for sharing these with people. 
“Winning (contests) isn’t the word. I won it once. The rest of the time you’re just defending” -Rodney Mullen, skateboarding legend

Offline Kzin

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2022, 06:49:54 PM »
Hi Matt
what do the shirts look like?

thanx
Sam

Offline k7

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2022, 10:11:59 PM »
 :)
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline ibis

• Show Organizer
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2022, 12:11:11 PM »
Those were awesome!!!!  People played them all weekend!  Very grateful for you to bring them to the show!

Offline the architect

• Tournament pinball is fun
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2022, 06:35:42 PM »
Big Matt- I loved ET dude, that games a winner. The chimes are killer. Was tough to hear it all, but whatever, that game is fun.
Jumping jack, rush pro, argosy,

On loan- LUCKY HAND

Offline BigMatt

• There is no spoon
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2022, 04:48:44 PM »
thanks for kind words guys, i appreciate it. plastics for dbz are done to prevent ball sticks.

ET is next, we were playing it last night and wouldn't ya know a relay got stuck for the sling and melted a 26-1200, lol glad it didnt happen during the show although i was prepared with new relays and coils. :)

Offline Marcel G

• Show Organizer
  • Level 6: Knight Industries
  • APE Man
    • Pinwerks
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2022, 11:59:48 PM »
Love them big matt youre a frikin genius.
Make Relays Great Again
P I N W E R K S

South Florida pinball machine and videogame repairs professionally done on site - Martin, Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade counties... and beyond if needed.

Offline Pindaddy

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2022, 11:48:13 AM »
The games were amazing. You have a ton of potential and talent to make pinball games and the games played very well and were very fun. I have wanted to convert my devil's dare or party animal into a different themed game. I have no idea where to start with any of the custom home brew modifications to an existing game. Your designs seemed to be from scratch, rather than re-themes,  I'd be really interested to learn more If you are so willing to share more information or point me in the right direction to get more information. I think the biggest Challenge that I can foresee is the reprogramming. Very cool stuff and very impressive work. 👏
Thanks in advance

Offline HammysHangout ( Hammy )

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2022, 12:14:49 PM »
Matt, I wore your shirt on my tech repair stream the other night on twitch and a couple people loved the shirt! esp since i was working on a board with a bunch of Relays on it :D
https://www.coinopflorida.com | http://www.youtube.com/@hammysHangout | https://twitch.tv/HammysHangout

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact."-eeguru

pins:  R&M, AMH, RCT, DW, DE:ST
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, Reactor, Sega Uni, Linked OR2SP, APB, Crystal Castle, Cloak and Dagger, MSPAC, Space Duel, Gravitar, Tempest, Omega Race, Tutankham, Warlords [custom], Tron

Offline BigMatt

• There is no spoon
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2022, 10:13:04 AM »
:) awesome guys thanks for the kind words. pindaddy don't give up once you're in the middle of it you'll keep going!

Still have shirts for sale! XL, L ,and a few 2XL left

Offline HammysHangout ( Hammy )

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2022, 11:02:35 AM »
:) awesome guys thanks for the kind words. pindaddy don't give up once you're in the middle of it you'll keep going!

Still have shirts for sale! XL, L ,and a few 2XL left

@Cloud2Ground was admiring the one i was wearing on Twitch while working on some Relays :D ... I am not sure if he ordered one yet.
https://www.coinopflorida.com | http://www.youtube.com/@hammysHangout | https://twitch.tv/HammysHangout

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact."-eeguru

pins:  R&M, AMH, RCT, DW, DE:ST
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, Reactor, Sega Uni, Linked OR2SP, APB, Crystal Castle, Cloak and Dagger, MSPAC, Space Duel, Gravitar, Tempest, Omega Race, Tutankham, Warlords [custom], Tron