Author Topic: DARK  (Read 801 times)

Offline CUJO

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
DARK
« on: January 28, 2023, 05:26:27 PM »
Starting watching DARK on Netflix (R is backwards in title).
I'm up to Episode 5 in  Season 1 and wondering if anyone watched all of it and their thoughts without spoilers?
Not sure if it's worth the time..moves very slow in my opinion but keeps me interested..
Current Pins: ST:PRO,MET:PRO, SOUTH PARK, WOZECLE#947, BOP, FGY, TSPP, ST:TNG, KINGS OF STEEL, FRANKENSTEIN, DM, PHARAOH, LOST IN SPACE, STINGRAY, WCS94, METEOR, SPACE JAM, AMIGO, POPEYE, ALIEN POKER, CAVEMAN, HOUDINI, DILE#0829, MBrLE#0566, IM PRO, RUSH PRO, CCRLE#327
Video:  Vertical/ w/BABYSTAR 465 in 1 BOARD
Past Pins: Shaq Attaq, X-Files, Space Station #1, WhoDunnit?, Space Mission, Bally Lost World, Space Station #2, MotorDome

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
  • Level 9: Grid Champion
Re: DARK
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2023, 09:28:07 PM »
Haven't seen "Dark" but I was going to ask the same thing about the show "Peripheral".

It's a sci-fi show from some of the people who made Westworld.

First episode was interesting, had some cool visuals and tech, but also very slow and extremely dour - no comic relief at all.
Chloe Grace Moretz (from Kick-Ass & many other things) is the lead.

It feels like they're trying to do too much with it, make it too complex for its own good.

I just want to know if it goes anywhere, and if it has already been cancelled. Everyone is sick of shows ending a cliffhanger never to be resolved.
Stick to movies, closed-end mini series, or episodic/anthology shows and this won't be a problem.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 09:48:04 PM by Niloc »

Offline PinFever

• Pc Gamers Battle company ( OUTLAW )
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2023, 07:26:00 AM »
i seen all of dark and i do not think it worth it but i dislike the Orville and know you like it so ,for you not sure ,
Dark is more of a Time travel /Eco disaster / Abduction movie all twisted into one and has some moments but none rewarding enough to make it feel worth the watch .  Even though 1899 was cancelled ,it was more worth it to watch that as a one and done as opposed to 3 seasons of Dark.   
Starting watching DARK on Netflix (R is backwards in title).
I'm up to Episode 5 in  Season 1 and wondering if anyone watched all of it and their thoughts without spoilers?
Not sure if it's worth the time..moves very slow in my opinion but keeps me interested..

Offline CUJO

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2023, 10:48:00 AM »
i seen all of dark and i do not think it worth it but i dislike the Orville and know you like it so ,for you not sure ,
Dark is more of a Time travel /Eco disaster / Abduction movie all twisted into one and has some moments but none rewarding enough to make it feel worth the watch .  Even though 1899 was cancelled ,it was more worth it to watch that as a one and done as opposed to 3 seasons of Dark.

Oh boy..I'm  midway into the last episode of Season One. I too liked 1899 a lot more...but there is enough plot/substance here to keep me watching.

Season 2 of 1899 was cancelled which was big disppointment for me...
Current Pins: ST:PRO,MET:PRO, SOUTH PARK, WOZECLE#947, BOP, FGY, TSPP, ST:TNG, KINGS OF STEEL, FRANKENSTEIN, DM, PHARAOH, LOST IN SPACE, STINGRAY, WCS94, METEOR, SPACE JAM, AMIGO, POPEYE, ALIEN POKER, CAVEMAN, HOUDINI, DILE#0829, MBrLE#0566, IM PRO, RUSH PRO, CCRLE#327
Past Pins: Shaq Attaq, X-Files, Space Station #1, WhoDunnit?, Space Mission, Bally Lost World, Space Station #2, MotorDome

Offline CUJO

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2023, 02:52:43 PM »
Still working my way thru Dark.
I'm in Season 2 Episode 5.
Hardest part is keeping track of all the characters in the three  different timelines.
Still sparking my interest cranium nodes...

Offline CUJO

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2023, 08:43:29 PM »
Oh My, I think I feel into a Black Hole watching this 3 Season show.
In Season 3 now..should wrap it up tonight. Will share my thoughts after I finish it.
It's been a convoluted mess trying to keep track of everyone involved in the 3+ timelines...That I will say...

Offline daviddnv

• Level 2: Villager
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2023, 08:34:01 AM »
I watched Dark when it first came out.  I liked it.  I had to read articles on the internet to keep up with the characters, lol.  I felt lost for a little while.  The best part, I think, is that it ends, it's done.  No cliff hangers, no hoping there is a next session.  It wraps up well at the end, IMHO.

Offline CUJO

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2023, 11:15:19 PM »
I watched Dark when it first came out.  I liked it.  I had to read articles on the internet to keep up with the characters, lol.  I felt lost for a little while.  The best part, I think, is that it ends, it's done.  No cliff hangers, no hoping there is a next session.  It wraps up well at the end, IMHO.

Are you sure it's done? LOL
Well, they did leave it open at the end for another season in my view.
I mean, the guy with the eye patch, who's eye got better at the end looked like he was gonna be Jonas's new dad w/ Hanna who was experiencing the Deja Vu again at the dinner ending scene. He was about to tell what happened to that eye when the power and storm hit so he didn't get chance to tell the story on the eye.

It was super difficult to follow who was who in each timeline as you said.
There were 51 cast members in 3 different time periods. some stayed the same appearance wise, others not so much.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dark+cast&oq=dark+cast&aqs=chrome..69i57j46i433i512j46i131i199i433i465i512j0i512l7.9206j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&clie=1

I did enjoy it but not anywhere as much as Netfix's 1899.

I'd give Dark a 7.7 , 1899 a 9.1

Offline PinFever

• Pc Gamers Battle company ( OUTLAW )
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2023, 10:54:08 AM »
  It wraps up well at the end, IMHO.
I disagree

Offline daviddnv

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2023, 12:17:07 PM »
I disagree

hmmm... Maybe I mis-remember it, lol.  I watched it awhile back.  I thought I remember it ending with the kid and girl walking in the middle of the street, by the bus stop, and it pretty much was the end (I think OP didn't want any spoilers). But, I might be confusing with something else.

Offline CUJO

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2023, 10:52:13 PM »
hmmm... Maybe I mis-remember it, lol.  I watched it awhile back.  I thought I remember it ending with the kid and girl walking in the middle of the street, by the bus stop, and it pretty much was the end (I think OP didn't want any spoilers). But, I might be confusing with something else.

Sorry .. may be  some spoilers below so read if you must....

The ending is still fresh in my mind. It can be viewed as a wrapped up ending to some but to me it was not.
Hannah is having Deja Vu in the last scene and she is defintely pregrant with the possible future Jonas. And it appears Torben Woller
is the father.
Or at least he acts as he is and she appears as he is too.

The biggest mystery that has no clear answer is Tornin Woller, the guy that always seemed to be a servant to someone else in the series, wearing the eye patch and then at the dinner in the last episode, the patch is off and his eye is doing better. Was he one of the "victims" of Noah's earlier version of the "time Machine"?

You may want to rewatch the last 20-30 minutes of the last episode. Pay close attention to the dinner gathering in the final moments.

There are some good explanation videos out there that cover a lot of the unanswered things that happened in Dark.

Of course there are no definitive answers for a lot of it, it's all subjective.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 10:57:56 PM by CUJO »

Offline daviddnv

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2023, 12:49:03 PM »
You may want to rewatch the last 20-30 minutes of the last episode. Pay close attention to the dinner gathering in the final moments.

There are some good explanation videos out there that cover a lot of the unanswered things that happened in Dark.

Of course there are no definitive answers for a lot of it, it's all subjective.

Yeah, I think I need to rewatch it.  I have pretty bad tinnitus, so I watch with subtitles, and the subtitles on this do not match up with the dialogue, if I remember right.  Between that and the basic confusion of it, I probably missed some things, lol.  Plus, I like watching good series a couple of times and this would be one of them.

Offline CUJO

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2023, 01:03:21 PM »
Yep, I re-watched the last 20 so minutes last night to verify what I thought I had seen.
Yep, it's Woller's baby in the oven as he cups Hanna's belly and kisses her.
So Jonas's real father in the original timeline that hung himself would have never existed.

So Torben Woller with the eye patch could have travelled back in time from the future in a successfull past time placement (aka burned eye) and replaced Jonas's biological father.

Insert emoji "head spinning" here.....
 :)