Author Topic: When, where, how  (Read 1213 times)

hieronymus

When, where, how
« on: February 14, 2011, 10:08:29 AM »
Hey,
A curious note from me. I live in Sweden, but will be spending three months in Orlando (Winter Park) in may, june, july. I enjoy playing a friendly (!) competition every so often, so my Q is... how do I find out when and where the next tournament will take place? I'm only a player, though, definitely not a collector or someone that even remotely knows how to work a pinball machine.

Would it be okay for "outsiders" like me to join in on the fun?

AND. Is there some neat way in which I can easily access and see all available pin locations in the Orlando area? I know we have a function like that here in Stockholm, and perhaps you guys do too?

Thankful for any kind of input.

Martin

Offline tktlwyr

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • Lord of the Slings
Re: When, where, how
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 10:45:11 AM »
Hi Martin!

You may want to repost this in the main portion of the forum.  The FLiPS league is currently limited to the South Florida area (Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade Counties).  IF we have event scheduled in Palm Beach around the time you will be here, you would be looking at a 2-2.5 hour drive each way.  The events haven't been planned that far out yet so I cannot definitely say if it whether it will be in Palm Beach, Broward or Miami-Dade. 

There may be an event in the Orlando area or some local collectors willing to open their homes up to you.  Posting on the main forum will allow you to make contact with more people, as not everyone reads this sub-forum.

When you get into town, monitor this forum and shoot me a PM about upcoming events and we'll see if can get you to one if you're willing to make the drive.

Have a safe trip!
David Paz
AFMrSE, Eight Ball, Flash Gordon, FFPre, GZPre, Hot Tip, IMDNLE, IM, Joker Poker, MMrSE, Paragon, Pulp Fiction: Bad Mother Flipper Edition, Rush LE, and Wild Card