Author Topic: Possible new feeder clan for farmers in We Donate!!!  (Read 2430 times)

Offline tippy317

• Level 1: Arrival
Possible new feeder clan for farmers in We Donate!!!
« on: February 07, 2013, 09:24:14 AM »
A few of the members in the clan prefer farming. The third clan, with no trophies requirements, would allow players to build up until they're ready to rejoin our main trophies clan. Let's talk about who would be interested in going to a farming clan for "We Donate!!!".
tippy 317
We Donate!!! Elder

Offline tippy317

Re: Possible new feeder clan for farmers in We Donate!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 09:37:26 AM »
Ryokosi asked me to setup this discussion for members of We Donate who like farming. Jimmy and many elders would like to boost We Donate's trophies, so now we have a minimum of 1000 trophies to be in the main clan. The idea to setup another feeder clan is for farmers who want to keep their trophies low. We should at least have a minimum level of 35, so we give and receive high level donations. When members are ready to boost their trophies, they can move to the main clan.
tippy 317
We Donate!!! Elder

Offline Wurmbo

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 09:38:20 AM »
I would definitely be interested in that idea as it would keep the main clan's trophies up. The only two slight concerns I have are would we be losing a bunch of good donators in the main clan? Also, would the folks in the feeder clan have a lot of trouble getting troops donated since the clan size there would likely be small? Not a huge deal for farmers except for defense when saving money for an upgrade. Just a couple of thoughts to ponder but overall a great idea I think.

Offline tippy317

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 10:14:06 AM »
There is going to be some growing pains due to splitting the main clan. Maybe we could address this by getting some high-level players from the feeder clan and/or by allowing some players to jump back to the main clan to get requests filled until the farming clan is well established. I'd be interested to hear what some of the other elders have to say about that.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 10:38:14 AM by tippy317 »
tippy 317
We Donate!!! Elder

Offline Ryokosi

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 10:38:54 AM »
I think it's a good idea but I'm going to miss those who go to the farming clan just like I miss those who went to setup clan 2.

I plan to stay in clan 1 for the trophy hunt, but if we don't have enough elders going to clan 3, I'd be fine going over for a few weeks to help my friends get setup.   ;)
- Ryo
We Donate!!! - Elder

Urgle

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 10:52:44 PM »
I also think the farming clan is a great idea. I am in the process of building up my base before trophy hunting. As much as I liked being in clan 1 and 2, I am up to going over to our feeder clan.

Offline Jimmy562

• Level 2: Villager
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 03:05:46 AM »
This is a great idea but my concerns are the same what Wurmbo has mention. Like now we have only 4 people farming which is great, but yet again it would be great to see how many points our clan is capable of. I think we can easily get this clan to 15k clan points if no one was farming, this will open up the doors to high lvl prospect members who would now take an interest into joining our clan.

Offline Ryokosi

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 06:28:58 PM »
Perhaps we could shift focus a little and just consider the Farming clan as a temporary place for Elder members who want to farm - focus on temporary and Elder.  It could be setup as invite only and not considered or used as a feeder clan.  Because of this, the membership would be kept small and the ability to come back to clan 1 or 2 would be much easier for the main clans to absorb.  Also, because it's elder only, there's no issues with staying in touch because they'll still be active on the forum.

A secondary use for such a clan could also be for Elders who know they won't be able to play for awhile but would like to stay with the clan... Medical issues, crazy work schedules, military deployments, family crisis, ect.  The last thing I want to worry about or have my fellow Elders have to worry about is their donations and activity when facing any of the above situations.

We lost a valuable Elder last week because he felt like their was too much pressure to donate given his limited time to play... Despite whatever he was facing last week, Nt still managed to log in enough to donate at least 200+ (that I saw and probably more).  He put this pressure on himself because he didn't think he could keep up rather than any of us saying anything to him... Heck, my one conversation with him was supportive for him to not worry about it, that we all knew he was a solid member/elder.  If we had a Farming clan/Holding clan for Elders, he could have joined that until he had more time to play and just kept us updated in here from time to time so we knew he hadn't lost interest in the game.

Just some thoughts thrown out for group consideration...  :)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 06:31:33 PM by Ryokosi »
- Ryo
We Donate!!! - Elder

Offline Jimmy562

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 07:00:00 PM »
Sounds great and yes there wasn't any pressure given to him I don't know why he left. But yea let's get it going.

Offline Ryokosi

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 07:11:40 PM »
Ok, so we've worked out that we have a need and desire to setup a Farming/Holding clan for Elders only.

So who wants to go to it and who is willing to be the temporary leader to get it kick started?  I say temporary because I think the intent we've worked out is for everyone who goes to it to come back to clan 1 or 2 rather than permanently farm.  Since ever member will be an Elder and its a closed clan to the public, it really doesn't matter who the leader is and it can change frequently as needed.

So?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 07:17:48 PM by Ryokosi »
- Ryo
We Donate!!! - Elder

Offline Wurmbo

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 07:57:03 PM »
Ryo...that is a phenomenal idea on the feeder clan. I agree 100% on all of your ideas. A great place to hold elders who are unable to play regularly for awhile and a great place for elders who want to farm. I would love to head over to a farming clan, but I won't be ready to farm for Another two weeks while I finish upgrading collectors and then finally my town hall. However, I am all for setting it up and could go over there to help get things started. The way I see it, we have one person go over and be leader, set to invite only, and then any elders wishing to head over there should be promoted as soon as they get there. That way there are more people likely to be up and able to accept new members as other elders wish to come over and farm. The only thing we should probably think over one last time is how will folks in the farming clan fill their clan castles since the clan will be so much smaller. Should we allow them to come over to main clan for that? Maybe also ask them to stick around in main clan for a few minutes to also fill other requests that might come in thus keeping us from feeling like we are just taking and not giving?

Offline Ryokosi

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 08:17:33 PM »
Wurmbo, great point about the clan castle refil problem!  That's something I hadn't given a lot of thought to.  Yes, I certainly would support any elder farming with my troops who wanted to come over to clan 1 to refill.  Knowing our current elders, I have no doubt that any who were farming and came over for a refill would think nothing of hanging out for a few minutes to fill any requests they saw as well.

As this is Elders only though and is not meant to be a permanent change... I don't think anyone has to prove anything either, so if Farming elders get more than they give for a few weeks... no big deal.  Any elder going to the farming clan will have already given thousands to the clan (some in 1 week you crazy guys!)

- Ryo
We Donate!!! - Elder

Offline Ryokosi

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 08:35:51 PM »
I'm above 1500 trophies now, but I'm willing to go over to the Farming clan for a week or two as well to help get it setup.  I can go setup the clan or just go to support the other elders.  Up to Jimmy if he doesn't mind clan 1 taking the hit to it's trophy count when I leave.  Let me know Jimmy...

What should we call the clan?  "We Donate!!! 3" or something different?
- Ryo
We Donate!!! - Elder

Offline Wurmbo

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 08:52:28 PM »
Ryo...good points on the donations by elders. I agree that taking more than giving is no big deal for elders who have already given a ton...especially given it is only for a week or two at a time. I too would be willing to go over and help get it started. I suggest a name that also includes the fact that elders can go there if they will be idle for an extended period due to work or school or something. Perhaps a name like "We Donate!!! Elder" or something generic like that.

Offline Jimmy562

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 08:53:24 PM »
Sounds good just title it something with farming. Also if elders will go to main clan to request they can't go back and forth because invite only doesn't allow you to do that. Because there is a waiting time to join back.