Author Topic: Farming Guide: Below 200 Trophies  (Read 14229 times)

Offline Jason

• Level 1: Arrival
Farming Guide: Below 200 Trophies
« on: February 18, 2013, 12:42:07 PM »
Farming Guide: Below 200 Trophies

Introduction
This is a guide on how to farm for resources at the sub 200 trophies range. This will work only if your Townhall level is 7 or below. If your Townhall level is 8 or 9, then forget it. All you will find are Big Mama Townhall 8s and 9s who will obliterate your base the moment you log off.

Dropping Trophies
In order to reach a trophies level of 200 and below, you need to deliberately drop your trophies. If you do it the normal way by searching for a match, dropping a single troop, ending match, watching the end battle screen and going back to your base, it will take you a looong time to drop trophies. Fortunately, there's an easier way:
1. Search for a match.
2. HOLD the "Next" button.
3. Drop a single troop.
4. Release the "Next" button.
If you do this right, you will drop a troop, end battle, SKIP the end battle screen, SKIP going back to your base and automatically search for the next match. Once you have perfected your technique, you will be able to drop trophies from match to match within less than a single second. You will be able to drop from 1,000 trophies to 200 trophies within 5 minutes.

NOTE: At first you will lose 30 to even 40 trophies per battle you lose. But as your trophy level gets lower, you will lose 1, 2 or 3 trophies per battle. Once you've reach below 100 trophies, you will lose a mere 1 trophy per battle. And when you get even lower, for every 10+ battles you search, one battle will allow you to lose 1 trophy for losing the battle, while the rest will give you minus 0 trophies for losing.

NOTE: Once you've reach sub 200 trophies, do NOT log off the game. Not even to shit! Take your iPad with you if you need to take a dump. Otherwise, other players will trophy dump on you and you will bounce up to 400+ trophies with 20 minutes or less!

Units
Once you've reached a trophy level of 200 or below, it's time to farm!

The only units you will need are Goblins, Giants and Wallbreakers. Overnight, you should train 50 Wallbreakers, 24 Giants and 30 Goblins. If you have less than 200 army camp spaces available, obviously the numbers will change. You can train less Wallbreakers and Giants, but I would keep the 30 Goblins as this is the minimum already. The reason why we train so many Wallbreakers and Giants is because they take a long time to train. So train them overnight so you don't have to wait for them to train while farming. This is crucial as you cannot exit your game and do something else while waiting for your units to train as other players will trophy dump on you! So best if you have your time consuming units ready in bulk rather than staring at your screen for 10 minutes waiting for your units to train.

Targets
Now at the sub 200 trophies range you will find plenty of easy targets with 60-70k gold. You will also sometimes come across easy targets with 100k+ gold. And on more rarer occasions you will find targets with storages and mines and collectors outside the base for you to take. However, you will also be hitting a lot of smaller targets with 20-40k gold. Basically at the sub 200 trophies range, it's not about hitting targets with massive amounts of loot. It's about making consecutive hits on targets with small amounts of loot. If you do this right, you waiting time for troops to build would be almost non-existent, as by the time you have completed one battle, the troops you lost will be retrained again while you were fighting. On the other hand, if you were hitting targets with big loots, but you had to send in all your troops, then your waiting time for troops to train is extremely long and time consuming.

Finding a Mathematical Formula
You need to find a mathematical formula for what kind of bases are appropriate for you to take on. For example, when I was Townhall level 7, my formula was for every 20k gold I steal, I would send in a maximum of 1 Giant and 1-4 Goblins. Now this means, if I see a base with 100k gold, but would require me to send in 10 Giants and a bunch of Goblins, I would pass on this base! According to my formula, I shouldn't send in more than 5 Giants and 20 Goblins. However, I will be willing to send in up to 7 Giants. Why? Because it's a big loot. The average base I hit had 60-70k gold within an average of 2 minutes plus searching time. However, if I hit a 100k gold target within 2 minutes, then I'm saving almost 2 minutes of my time on a second battle, plus more time for searching for matches. The extra time I saved will go towards using 2 extra Giants in this battle.

You've probably guessed it by now, the key to the mathematical formula is "time". By using the minimum amount of units required per battle, you save on waiting time for your units to retrain. Clearly your formula will change depending on your Townahll level and how many Barracks you have and how many are currently being upgraded. My advice is, upgrade your Barracks until they can produce Wallbreakers, then stop! Once you have four Barracks you can upgrade your Barracks again, ONE AT A TIME.

Know Your Units
Farming at sub 200 is all about conserving your units. Always use the bare minimum amount of units required to win a battle! This means you will need to know your units very well! For example, if you saw a level 3 Cannon, will a single Giant be able to take it on. If not, will a single Giant be able to stall it long enough for your Goblins to take down the storages and mines and collectors the Cannon is protecting? On the other hand, if your Giant is able to take down two level 3 Cannons, separately, how many Giants will you need to send if the two Cannons were right next to each other? Or if there was a fair walking distance between the two Cannons, while the Cannons are still in range of each other? Or perhaps, there was an Anti Air Defence between the two Cannons to tank your Giants. Or if we threw Archer Towers, Wizard Towers and Motors into the mix?

NOTE: If you see enemy reinforcements coming out of the Clan Castle, just end battle. There's no point. Neither your Giants nor your Goblins can attack enemy units until all "favourite targets" are destroyed. And don't use the Lightning Spell either. It costs 20k gold. It's a waste of money. In fact, don't use ANY spells while farming at the sub 200 trophies range. It's just a plan waste of gold.

Shields and "Repeat Customers"
When farming it is crucial not to give opponents a shield as you want "repeat customers". If you destroy 40% of a base, the opponent will get a 12 hour shield. So don't get greedy, otherwise, you won't see your friend another in another 12 hours! When I used to farm, sometimes I would hit the same guy multiple times. For example, first time I hit the opponent for 70k gold, the second time I'd hit the same base for 60k, then again for 50, 45k, 40k, 35k, 30k, 25k, 20k. As you can see, having repeat customers is a good thing! Obviously, the guy's going to be one pissed off mofo when he logs back on, but hey that's life. England didn't colonize half the world by picking on countries their own size.

With that being said, sometimes you will see a base with 90k+ gold, but you can't get it without giving the opponent a shield. In this case, take all the gold and give him a shield. Because big lucrative targets like that don't stay out of their shields for long. If you don't hit him, someone other greedy little monkey will!

Elixir
You might have noticed, throughout this guide I have only mentioned gold and never elixir. This is because elixir is almost worthless. Most of the time your elixir storages will be full with nothing to spend them on. This means when you attack, you only need to go for the gold and not the elixir, meaning you will be able to attack without giving opponents a shield.

With that being said, you should still, of course, attack people for elixir if you need it. But once you have upgraded all your buildings that require elixir to upgrade, you will only be using elixir for troop training. In this case,  100% of your elixirs will be coming from your collectors. So upgrade and max out your collectors as soon as possible. Same goes for gold mines.

Logging Off
Competition at sub 200 range is so fierce, if you log off for 5 minutes, you trophies will jump by 100, because there are so many people trophy dumping down there. Not only that, but there will also be plenty of farmers down there, who are farming the farmers! So it doesn't matter how well defended your base is, it's guaranteed someone will annihilate your base for your resources. So how do you defend against those Big Mamas? Well, you don't. Because you can't! So we go back to the old saying "Prevention is the best cure!" To prevent yourself from being looted, there are two methods.

Firstly, you need to keep your kitchen clean to prevent your house from being raided by insects. In other words, keep your storages empty! If you have no gold or elixir, why would anyone want to attack you? Use up all your left over gold on walls. This is actually easier said than done considering most of the time your workers will be busy building something. So you will need to time it right so that every time you log on, one worker will be free. Do you have work/school in the next few days? Will you be too busy to play during those time? Set your workers on a big project which will take days to complete. Try to plan everything in advanced.

If the first method is not possible for you for whatever reason, you can try the second method: climb the trophy ladder to somewhere safe. Somewhere where there's not so many farmers - i.e. 450-650 trophies is a pretty safe place to be. So if you have a lot of gold that you can't spend, climb up to 450-650 trophies before logging off. Personally, I would just go up to 450 trophies and not bothering going up any higher.

End Note
Well, that's about all I can remember for now. I'll add more if I remember anything else. If you have any comments or further ideas or things I forgot, feel free to post below and I'll add any relevant info to this original post.

Happy Farming!
- Jason

Offline Wurmbo

Re: Farming Guide: Below 200 Trophies
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 04:32:28 PM »
Jason, great synopsis! Thanks for taking the time to put your advice and experience on the forum. We current farmers greatly appreciate it!!

Offline Ryokosi

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 08:36:30 PM »
What an awesome guide Jason!!  Thank you very much for taking the time to type this up for the clan!
- Ryo
We Donate!!! - Elder

Offline Mayaenaise

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 11:35:48 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to put this together.  It's a good resource!

psy

It's so good!
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 11:03:24 AM »
thx for good info, thx!