Author Topic: My Finale: TH8 Farming Guide  (Read 3761 times)

Offline Jason

• Level 1: Arrival
My Finale: TH8 Farming Guide
« on: March 02, 2013, 02:22:06 PM »
Hey guys, I haven't been on a lot recently. Guess I'm getting a bit over this game and with me now single... time is scarce... hehe... So I am here now to give you my finale: my final contribution to this clan: my final farming guide: Farming at TH8.

As all you TH8ers out there know, farming at TH8 is a completely new ball game comared to TH7. This is where many people quit due to the insurmountable challenge of gaining resources. This is also where I almost gave up until I discover a new farming method.

Firstly, you want to hang back at around the 1,100 - 1,299 range. If you go any lower, you will find punie bases with low resources. If you go any higher you will find Big Mama bases with 100k resource. This range is the sweet spot... for now. But remember this range will change frequently.

Secondly, only go for bases with at least 180k gold! Any lower it's not worth your time unless all the gold is in the mines and you can easily take them out with goblins or archers.

Thirdly, here's the key: use 50-60 Barbarians, 50-60 Archers, 60-80 Goblins and 20 Wallbreakers. Here's how it works. Your Barbs are the meat shields, which also deal a lot of damage. Forget about Giants. They're great meat shields but useless for dishing out damage. Your archers are the main harbingers of destruction. Your goblins quickly clear out storages while your barbs distract enemy defences.

Fourthly, here's how you use your units. Send 10-20 Barbs to distract defenses and absorb damage. Send about 20 of your archers to bring down the rain of death. Then while all enemy defenses are distracted, then in the Wallbreakers. IMPORTANT NOTE: As your Barbs and Archers die off, send in more to replace them. But do NOT send all your Barbs and Archers in all at once. Send in 10-20 Barbs or 15-20 Archers at a time. I recommend 15 until you learn the finesse of this strategy. With Wallbreakers make sure you break at least TWO sections of the wall. E.g. If you're attacking from the top, break a hole from the left, middle and right. Now that's ideal, but if you can't you need TWO holes in the wall. Why? Because if you only break one hole all your units will be bunched up together... ready for slaughter by Wizard Towers and Motors.

If you do this right, few of your archers will die before all your Barbs are dead. But by then, you would have already destroyed all the storages.

As for Goblins, your your common sense. If the base has a lot of Wizard Towers and Motors left, tap your Goblins and release maybe 3 per second so they won't get slaughtered in one go. If they have a lot of Archer Towers, Cannons and ESPECIALLY upgraded Hidden Tesla Towers, release about 20 in a go or all of them in a single go.

Another important note: do NOT spread your forces too thinly. I.e. when you attack, ONLY attack from ONE side!!! You attack from two sides then you are fighting a battle on two fronts. This is why Hitler lost WWII. He attacked both the British and the Russians at once. Similarly, in this game you need to pick only ONE side to attack from: top, bottom, left or right. So which side do you choose? Easy! The side with the most Wizard Towers and Motors, or the side with the easiest entry - i.e. least layers of walls, or closest side to the storages if they aren't in the middle, or a combination of all.

Using my strategy I have rarely lost a fight. Just don't go around attacking TH9s with highly upgraded defenses. You know, like use your common sense! This strategy has worked for me for almost ALL different defense layouts. I have rarely met a defense layout which I cannot crack including MY OWN defense layout! It will also work for what I call the Turtle Shell layout type - I.e. bases with Wizard Towers, Motors and Storages inside, 5 layers of walls outside and everything outside around the walls.

Anyway, that's enough from me. I'll let you discover the finer points of this farming strategy yourself. If you do it right you should attack approximately once every 30mins and get 200-300k gold per hit. That's 400-600k per hour, but generally you'll get about 450k.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 02:26:12 PM by Jason »

Offline tippy317

• Level 1: Arrival
Re: My Finale: TH8 Farming Guide
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 10:03:15 PM »
Great post. Thanks Jason
tippy 317
We Donate!!! Elder